Monday, May 7, 2012

Chances

“There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own Soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”  Carl Jung

This quote 'found' me today, through a site I love called the tiny buddha;  http://tinybuddha.com/.

After talking about therapy last night, I found it timely and beautiful (oddly, my own therapist practices Jung-ian based cognitive therapy).

So there you have it. Freud said "no accidents" and Jung talks about facing the pain to know our own soul.
At church on Sunday the priest, talking about plants (I was so confused during the sermon) and excess leaves. How God prunes us. How painful it can be.
Sorry to go down the God road and I promise you this is not 'that' kind of blog, but it just all seemed to fit.

As we wake up to live another day on this uneasy planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment