Friday, January 20, 2012

Journal 111 Vanity, Fair Enough

The Proust Questionnaire.
I ask myself (while reading it) are they given a time limit of ridiculous proportions to complete this in, is this why some of them sound so so stupid? Or is it just (my general opinion) that alot of actors of 'our' generation are vapid and thoughtless? Maybe the money got to them.
Either way. Be creative!
Here goes my try!

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Being independently wealthy and never having to worry about money again, writing at home, all day, in my pajamas.

What is your greatest fear?
That the above answer to the first question might not happen. Not really my GREATEST fear, but it's the greatest fear I have related to my 'number one need'.

Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Any misunderstood woman.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Impatience.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Lying. Sense of own importance. Arrogance.

What is your greatest extravagance?
Chardonnay.

What is your favorite journey?
Driving to Maine.

What do you dislike most about your appearance?
I originally skipped this question. It's so vain.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"Who's kidding who?" (my husband recently pointed this out. It's true. I even WRITE it alot...)

What is your greatest regret?
Not having a child at age 20 or 21. Of course I can say that NOW as I look back on life. Not so easy to just do it then....

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
In the "who", my husband, hands down. In the "what" category I put running, food, wine, art, and writing in no particular order.

When and where were you happiest?
My wedding day, January 3rd, 2012.
Running in Central Park, New York City, September 2010.
Having dinner with a good friend at a favourite restaurant, anytime, any where.
The births of my niece and nephew.

Which talent would you most like to have?
To sit down and write a novel, start to finish, perfectly crafted with what I want to say, in under a year. And have it sell well!

What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Controlling my temper over the years.

If you were to die and come back as a person or thing, what do you think it would be?
I hope to live on in a beautiful afterlife and be an accessory to earth for a long long time. I don't really want to come back.

What is your most treasured possession?
I don't treasure possessions really, but my book collection is the closest I come.

What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?
Loss of hope. Grief over a loved one.

Where would you like to live?
Out of the city.

What is your favorite occupation?
Reading memoirs. Listneing intently to a new idea. Dining out.

What is your most marked characteristic?
Seriousness mixed with humour.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Insight.

What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty.

Who are your favorite writers?
George Orwell, Mary Karr, those brave enough to write honest memoirs.

Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
Winston Smith of 1984.

Who are your heroes in real life?
Anyone who can pull it off on their own.

What are your favorite names?
Ones that stand out.

What is it that you most dislike?
The feeling that bad luck is not equally distributed.

How would you like to die?
Quietly, without suffering.

What is your motto?
I quote John Dunne: "It all evens out in the end."

No comments:

Post a Comment