Sunday, September 2, 2012

Gifts

I haven't written.
I left for my Maine vacation on August 23rd and I haven't really been 'online' so to speak.
It's felt great.
Here it is, a rainy cool morning (last week seemed to be it for summer here in Maine) and now that my guests have all departed (I'm sad) it's just me in the early morning while Mike sleeps after working late into last night.

What can I say? I'm still having running issues, my eye is still irritated, and I await (impatiently, impossibly) the next test results.
Not being able to run everyday while I'm here has been really hard.
Knowing that the half-marathon in October is not going to be something my health is going to allow me to do is devestating.

So I reach for perspective in these situations. I'm learning to (kind of) enjoy walking.
I'm putting some real effort into "just being". It's hard, but I'm doing it.

The trip has been amazing thus far.
Seeing the unmitigated joy on the faces of my niece and nephew as they rode the waves in the ocean on their little boogie boards was a gift I will treasure always.
Having company on the drive over was amazing too.
Seeing my friend L. for the first time in two years was also a gift.

The time itself is just that too.
Gifted.

So...that's really it.
I'll be in touch, soon-ish.



No comments:

Post a Comment