Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Thank you
for forty years
for being together
even when things weren't always perfect.

Your friend stopped in to my office today.
he started crying.
I cried too.

I know you want to go there alone.
I don't like it, but I'll allow it.
After talking to Aunt K last night,
I'm going to give up that fight.

I want you to know
You don't have to look at anything
As giving up.
I won't look at it like that either.
I mean, I don't, either.

Just so you know,
I wouldn't have even made it this far.
I love you Dad.
And Mom.

Thank you both for being you
even when things weren't always perfect.

3 comments:

  1. Ode to our parents: (some of "their" song, Cherish)
    Cherish is the word I use to describe
    All the feeling that I have hiding here for you inside
    You don't know how many times I've wished that I had told you
    You don't know how many times I've wished that I could hold you
    You don't know how many times I've wished that I could mold you
    Into someone who could cherish me as much as I cherish you

    Perish is the word that more than applies
    To the hope in my heart each time I realize
    That I am not gonna be the one to share your dreams
    That I am not gonna be the one to share your schemes
    That I am not gonna be the one to share what seems to be
    The life that you could cherish as much as I do yours

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google is deciding if my first comment will get approved or not. Shister, wrote out some of our parents' song.....sigh...Yes, happy 40 years to them. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I approve....my card has the word Cherish on it..xoxo shister

    ReplyDelete